Oxford United Football Club has an exciting opportunity for a student to join a vibrant and growing Performance Analysis Department for the 2023-24 season.
The successful candidates will assist in the day-to-day tasks of working as a Performance Analyst, providing analysis support for our First Team or Academy.
They will work closely with the Head of Performance Analysis, 1st Team Performance Analysts and Head of Academy Performance Analysis to fully understand what is expected of them within an elite professional club environment.
This season-long volunteer work placement provides the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience working with industry standard software necessary for future employment in football.
- Working closely with the coaches on Pre & Post Match tasks.
- Filming, uploading and analysis of training.
- Assist in the delivery of individual, unit and team-based analysis sessions.
- Filming and tagging age group matches in line with the Playing Philosophy.
- Contribute to projects and statistical reports specific to the Performance Analysis department
- Working towards an undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
- Committed to up to 30 hours per week for 36 weeks to meet the minimum requirements of a year in the industry.
- Proficient IT Skills and comfortable using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, iMovie.
- A strong work ethic and proactive attitude with an ability to work under pressure and use initiative.
- Able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Full UK Driving License
- Previous experience of working in a sporting environment (coaching and performance analysis)
- Data handling and creative presentation skills
- Previous experience using analysis software (Hudl, Sportscode)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a copy of your C.V. and covering letter (highlighting why you wish to take up the post and what you want to achieve) with the email subject “Performance Analysis Placement” to Christian Fortuna (email@example.com) for consideration.
Deadline is 27th February 2023 3pm.