Each week club Psychotherapist Gary Bloom has been helping us by offering five tips for good mental health through the lockdown.
Gary works with players throughout the club and as well as offering advice to them directly he suggests that the following may help you deal with what is still a very difficult time.
1) Try to create an unusual family experience that you’ll all remember in years to come.
eg. Mexican food night , fancy dress day.
2) Reduce your social media/ broadcast consumption of Covid -19 events. It helps if we’re not hearing about it every hour.
3) Send someone you love an unexpected gift. Leave some flowers on the doorstep!
4) Keep active. Even if it’s walking around the garden or living room. Inactivity and depression are closely linked.
5) Get as much sunlight as you can. Vitamin D from sunlight is good for you!
We took Gary's advice and sent him flowers and in return he agreed to take part in our next Official Podcast where he is joined by Academy Manager Dan Harris- available tomorrow, it's a great listen.
Stay Safe. Stay Home. Save Lives.