Trials coming up for a brand new scheme
Oxford United are introducing a new Emerging Talent Centre.
The Emerging Talent schemeis an invitation only programme in which children from under 7s to under 14s train in a team environment focusing on improving both individual ability and improving technical and tactical knowledge of the game.
The U's will aim to recruit the most talented players within the Oxfordshire area who are not currently at any Academy. The main objective is to improve the ability of promising, young, local players to a higher level through coaching and games programmes.
The programme entails –
• 36-week training programme running in line with school term time. (training Monday nights)
• Games programme during school half terms (midweek) vs other professional clubs’ development centres including the likes of Northampton Town, Luton Town, MK Dons, Brentford, Swindon Town and more.
• 6 weekly coaching syllabus focusing on specific aspects of the game.
• Feedback and monitoring reports after each 6-week block of coaching.
• End of year report for each player.
• Coaching delivered by FA qualified coaches at level 2 (minimum) and level 3 standard.
• End of season summer tournament.
• The chance to represent OUFC.
Players will be able to be part of the programme as well as continuing to play for their grassroots clubs.
Players progressing well in the programme may be recommended to the academy (attending the programme does not guarantee a trial at the academy)
There is a cost for being part of the programme (details to be given at trials)
Trials will take place on Wednesday 10th and Wednesday 17th of August 2016 at The Oxford Academy School, Sandy Lane West, OX4 6JZ.
4.30pm – 5.30pm -Under 7s AND under 8s
5.30pm – 6.30pm – Under 9s AND under 10s
6.30pm – 7.30pm – Under 11s AND under 12s
7.30pm – 8.30pm – Under 13s AND Under 14s
Goalkeepers will trial in their respective age groups.
Girls are welcome at all ages.
Please click on the link below to register for the trials:
If you would like more information about the Emerging Talent Centre programme please email Development Centre Coordinator Joe Long at firstname.lastname@example.org
on phone the office on 01865 783236