Work continues to find a new home for the club and the official new stadium website oufcstadium.co.uk has been updated with a new, improved ‘Vision’ section which provides further details of the club’s plans for a stadium that works for them and for the people of Kidlngton.
The club has been taking part in ‘Listening Events for the last two weeks and one of the recurring questions has been how the club will interact with the local community. We have therefore produced the following ‘Community Pledge’
Oxford United Community Pledge
Oxford United – We pledge that our aim is to:
- improve and maintain the sports playing pitches at Stratfield Brake at our cost (thereby freeing up parish funds for other purposes)
- further develop our partnerships with other key organisations within the village to help develop and help source potential funding for a pitch and sports facilities strategy for future generations
- work in partnership with local community organisations, churches and schools to develop an outreach mental health provision for the community.
- work in partnership with local schools to develop a comprehensive work experience and vocational apprenticeship programme.
- implement a local employment plan which will ensure that local residents are high priority candidates for relevant jobs.
- work in partnership with local clubs, schools and community organisations to support and develop a health and well-being programme for all which will be supported by our community department and professional players.
- provide community facilities within the stadium which will include flexible community spaces that could be used, for example, for arts/drama/adult education/ work/ meeting purposes. With provision for community facilities to be available for use by local residents on a preferential basis
- ensure that the stadium is built to high level sustainability standards both in construction and day to day operations. We will also ensure that there is enhanced public access to the community green space on the triangle.
- ensure that our stadium and community facilities are open to all, for example, making the stadium the home of our women’s team, holding the community finals at the stadium in addition to ensuring that accessibility for all is of the highest priority.
- further develop our partnership working with public transport companies, sustainable transport companies and the local authority to alleviate additional parking concerns for local residents.