At Oxford United, the aim of our player support strategy is to provide an environment for our players to excel, both individually and collectively. Using innovation and creative methods we aim to establish our teams at the highest level of the game.
In order to support our performance strategy with an integrated approach Oxford United Football Club are recruiting an Academy Athletic Performance Coach.
Purpose of the Job:
The successful applicant will assist in the design and delivery of physical performance service to the club’s academy. Based at the club’s training ground, the role will require the attendance at training sessions and matches, both home and away. There will be a requirement to work some evenings. The ideal applicant will be a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will have previous experience working in elite sport.
Reporting to the Head of Academy Physical Performance, this role is offered on a permanent full time basis. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the design and delivery of athletic performance programmes to academy players across different age groups – primarily U9-U16.
- As a member of the Department of Performance, the successful applicant will operate in an interdisciplinary approach environment.
- Maintain and re-enforce standards and values aligned to the club culture and performance strategy.
- Maintain records according to Elite Player Performance Plan requirements.
- Attend professional development sessions as required and an annual performance review aligned to key performance indicators.
- Contribute to the development of the performance strategy involving key internal and external research projects which underpin future service developments.
- Develop and maintain an extensive network both inside and outside football with whom to share and develop best practice.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Undergraduate qualification in Sport Science or equivalent
- Up to date first aid qualification
- Minimum 1 years’ experience delivering services in elite sport.
- Recognised strength and conditioning qualification e.g NSCA, CSCS, UKSCA or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- BASES Accreditation
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to work on your own initiative and maintain independence within the environment
- An excellent communicator and team player
OUFC are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and young people that we work with. As such, all post holders are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records (DBS) and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services
What we offer
- This is a full time role attracting a competitive salary
- Complete OUFC performance kit
- All meals provided during days on site
- CPD events in line with Oxford United performance strategy
- Full DBS disclosure
How to apply
Your application should include a covering letter (specific to the job description and no longer than one A4 page) and CV outlining why you should be considered for the role. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 4pm on Friday 16th September 2022. All applicants must have the existing right to live and work in the UK.