Oxford United FC are looking for a full-time Performance Chef to work at their training ground to be responsible for all food production covering First Team, U23s, Youth Team and staff provisions.
Working closely with the Performance Nutritionist and the Sport Science team developing performance menus and recipes of food that can be cooked when required. This full-time role will require a flexible approach to working hours as there may be the requirement to work evenings and weekends to support the needs of the team. The successful applicant will be required to plan, order and deliver food of a high quality that meets the nutritional needs of the players.
- To work in collaboration with the Performance Nutrition to plan innovative and performance focussed menus for First Team and U23s.
- Create menus and recipes based on the Performance Nutritionist recommendations and club’s catering guidelines.
- Produce a high volume of food (70/80 covers) to a high quality at the training ground, normally two meals most days.
- Be prepared to work flexible hours and adapt to changes in schedule and the needs of the team.
- Prepare meals to be taken away with the players and staff.
- Cater for individual dietary requirements
- Be prepared to work flexible hours and adapt to changes in schedule and needs of the team.
- Attend relevant staff meetings.
- Sourcing local high-quality produce befitting a high performance team and keeping within budget and controlling portion sizes.
- Ensuring that high standards of cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all areas of the kitchen at all times.
- Establishing controls to minimise food and supply waste.
- To ensure equipment and food temperature readings are taken and recorded on a daily basis.
- To carry out food safety risk assessments, the food safety management system and effective controls, at identified critical points and throughout the food handling process by working closely with the Health and Safety Manager.
- To ensure food production and quality are in-line with HACCP and EHO regulations
- Maintaining and rotating appropriate stock levels with an aim to providing high standards.
- Ensuring delivery notes are checked against requisitions and any identified discrepancies are reported to the supplier.
- To ensure food standards and costs agreed with the General Manager are consistently achieved and maintained liaising with contacts to ensure best prices and deals available.
- To complete any other reasonable request by Manager, Club Secretary and Sports Science team.
- BTEC HND in Professional Cookery or BTEC HNC in Cookery or Hospitality Catering working towards a HND
- Level 3 or above Food Hygiene Certificate
- Evidence of continual professional development and a desire to increase sport nutrition knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience of working in professional sport
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify and solve problems
- Excellent leadership and personnel management skills
- The ability to communicate concisely, assertively and effectively and at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work flexibly including evenings and weekends
- Ability to prioritise between conflicting demands
- Degree or Diploma in Sport Nutrition
- Relevant qualification in Health & Safety
- Experience in a Michelin Star Restaurant
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV, a covering letter including your salary expectations and your availability to start to Andrea Owen: email@example.com
As part of our commitment to providing a safe environment for children and adults at risk you will be asked during the recruitment process, to obtain a check from the Disclosure & Barring Service.