Oxford United are looking to appoint a new Club Doctor with the role starting ASAP.
The role includes matchday cover for all First Team home games at the Kassam Stadium and to offer medical support and advice as required for players and coaching staff via referral by the club's Head of Medical services.
This medical support away from the match day duties will involve running a once a week clinic at the Training Ground and may also include occasional phone calls by the Head of Medical Services throughout the week. It is hoped that the suitable candidate can be part of a long-term plan to drive the medical provision at the club to the highest of standards.
In addition to the above the Club Doctor would also support the OUFC Academy with a once weekly (3 hours max) clinic and attendance at the U18’s Youth FA Cup home games (approx. 2 per season) and U23’s Premier League Cup games (approx. 3 per season).
FA regulations require Team Doctors to:
- Hold a licence to practice by the GMC
- Continue a programme of CPD as determined from time to time by the profession
- Hold a valid FA Advanced Resuscitation and Emergency Aid (AREA) Certificate/ Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATTMiF), or equivalent (see below)
- Intermediate Medical Management on the Field of Play (IMMOFP)
- Medical Cardiac & Pitch Side Skills (SCRUMCAPS)
- Emergency Medical Management in Individual Team Sports (EMMiTS)
- Standard Principals of Resuscitation & Trauma in Sports (SPORTS)
- N.B. The successful candidate is not required to have the ATTMiF Certificate on application for this post, but would have to be willing to complete the relevant course (cost of which will be provided by the club).
- Hold a diploma in Sports Medicine or equivalent higher professional qualification
- Demonstrable experience of working within a multi-disciplinary medical and performance team to deliver a service to athletes
- Demonstrable advanced competency in the medical management of sports injury and illness management
- Experience of working in an elite/professional sport in some capacity is desirable
To apply for the position please send your CV and Covering Letter to Kathy Winstanley at email@example.com by close of play on Tuesday 18 December 2018.