Girls' Emerging Talent trials will take place on 8th and 9th August, with boys' trials starting from 15th August.
OUitC’s Emerging Talent scheme offers under 7s to under 14s an opportunity to train in a team environment, improving both individual ability and technical and tactical knowledge of the game.
The scheme will recruit the most talented players within the Oxfordshire area who are not currently at any academy.
The programme comprises:
• 36-week term-time training programme (Monday evenings);
• Games programme during school half terms vs other professional clubs’ development centres including Northampton Town, Luton Town, MK Dons, Brentford, Swindon Town and more;
• Six-weekly coaching syllabuses focusing on specific aspects of the game;
• Feedback and monitoring reports after each six-week block of coaching;
• End-of-year report for each player;
• Coaching delivered by FA-qualified coaches at level 2 (minimum) and level 3 standard;
• End-of-season summer tournament;
• The chance to represent OUFC.
Players can participate in the programme while continuing to play for their grassroots clubs.
Players progressing well in the programme may be recommended to the OUFC Academy, though attendance does not guarantee a trial.
The girl’s trials will take place as follows:
Under 7s & under 8s – 5pm-6pm Tuesday 8th August
Under 9s & under 10s– 6pm-7pm Tuesday 8th August
Under 11s & under 12s– 5pm-6pm Wednesday 9th August
Under 13s & under 14s– 6pm-7pm Wednesday 9th August
The boy’s trials will take place as follows:
Under 7s, under 8s, under 9s – 5pm-6pm Tuesday 15th August
Under 10s, under 11s– 6pm-7pm Tuesday 15th August
Under 12s, under 13s– 5pm-6pm Wednesday 16th August
Under 14s, under 15s, under 16s – 6pm-7pm Wednesday 16th August
Under 7s, under 8s, under 9s – 5pm-6pm Tuesday 22nd August
Under 10s, under 11s– 6pm-7pm Tuesday 22nd August
Under 12s, under 13s– 5pm-6pm Wednesday 23rd August
Under 14s, under 15s, under 16s – 6pm-7pm Wednesday 23rd August
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if you are able to attend the trials, including this APPLICATION FORM and which dates you will be attending, the time of the trial and which age group you wish to trial for.