Oxford United's new iFollow service has been a huge success in the first two weeks of the season.
iFollow replaced Yellow Player HD in the summer and allows overseas fans to see all league games, home and away. UK subscribers get to hear the whole game and then view extended highlights or the full 90 minutes as soon as the TV rights allow.
Hundreds of new subscribers have signed up for the season and the introduction of monthly and match by match passes has given the numbers another significant boost.
Here's a guide to the new iFollow service:
If you live in the UK you receive:
- Live audio commentary of all matches thanks to our friends from BBC Oxford: the only place on the internet to hear the games
- Full match replays* - relive the whole 90 minutes
- Video highlights - a great ten-minute edit of every game, home and away, with commentary
- Behind the scenes content - interviews with the key people behind the scenes and full match build up and reaction
- The weekly club newsletter - all the latest news straight to your inbox
An iFollow subscription is £45.00 for a whole year and is available HERE
If you live abroad then iFollow allows you to see every game LIVE. You have the option of hearing the game from BBC Oxford or watching it as it happens through our new streaming service.
You also receive all the benefits above, with the package costing £110 for the season.
It’s simple to sign up. Just click HERE for full details.
NEW - monthly and match passes
After fan feedback we have introduced two new packages
Monthly Pass for domestic subscribers – priced at £4.49
Match Pass for international subscribers – priced at £5. Note that currently only matches on the first weekend have been made available to purchase but further games will be added prior to the start of the season.
iFollow has its own App which is the easiest way to follow games live. This is available for all devices from the usual app stores.
The App was updated this week to remove initial bugs and ensure that coverage is as smooth as possible on the video content. We would urge fans to update the app if possible: usually this process should run automatically but some users may have chosen to update their devices manually.
Technical Support: if you are having problems then email email@example.com or use the chat service via the speech bubble on the home page at www.oufc.co.uk
Timings - Match coverage should start around half an hour before the game. OUFC have asked the EFL and Realise if we can keep the commentary online at half time but this has not been possible until now due to rights issues. We are still hopeful that this can be resolved.
* NB - if league matches are selected for live TV coverage then different rights issues apply, as with cup games. We will keep fans informed as and when games are selected for TV.