The Oxford United Community Trust and Advance Sixth Form offer a unique educational opportunity
Trials will take place at the Kassam Stadium on Saturday 21st May for the Advance Sixth Form Education and Football Academy, which starts this September.
This is a brand new partnership which will broaden your opportunities to study whilst gaining valuable playing and work experience within the Community Trust, which is supported by the OUFC elite Academy.
The partnership is a unique opportunity which will not only develop your sporting ability, but give you the best chance going forward with your education. Unlike the traditional football and education courses that have become very popular in recent years, the Advance Oxford United Community Trust Academy will offer a range of educational courses from Level 2 BTECs through to A Levels in various subjects, including English and Mathematics retakes.
For the first time Oxford United players will be able to choose from the wide variety of courses, rather than only ever having the choice of sports courses. You can still play football and study chemistry, business or creative digital media. In fact, one of our young players who has recently signed a contract with us, Jonny Giles, has a physics degree, with Head Coach Michael Appleton also studying for a degree.
If you enrol onto the Advance Oxford United Community Trust Academy, benefits will include:
• Study a full time BTEC or A Level course – See prospectus for details of courses.
• A daily training programme delivered by UEFA B coaches and weekly competitive match day experience.
• Free access to the school fitness suite – strength and conditioning programmes designed by qualified staff.
• Play in the U19 FA Youth Development League against other Professional Football Club academies (Boys only).
• Play in the English Colleges Cat 1 League and WS Development League (Girls Only).
• Gain valuable work based qualifications such as your FA Level 1 & 2 coaching badges, First Aid qualifications.
• A FREE season ticket to Oxford United first team games and Oxford United Ladies first team games.
• Work alongside Oxford United Football Club employees to gain valuable work placement experience in all departments.
As well as all the support you will receive from Advance through your courses, Oxford United will provide:
• Two hours training, four days a week, linked to a full coaching syllabus based on the Oxford United DNA
• Fixtures once a week
• Ongoing feedback on player development points, linked to player development plans and targets
• Physiotherapy support
• Nutritional and injury prevention advice
• Access to Academy and First Team training sessions supported by coaching commentary to understand the playing philosophy of Michael Appleton and the football department
Be part of this exciting new partnership by emailing OUFCAdvance@theoxfordacademy.org.uk or calling 01865 774311 ext 2111.