Oxford United back the Twin Town Challenge for Special Effect
Oxford United are pleased to be supporting the Twin Town Challenge.
The Twin Town Challenge involves teams nurturing a car, that can cost no more than £500, from Witney to Le Touquet via the world famous race circuits of Brands Hatch and Le Mans.
It is all in aid of our good friends Special Effect and you can see more about the event and the work of Special Effect at http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/twin-town-challenge-2014
We will be holding a Bucket Collection for Special Effect at the next home game, against Hartlepool on Friday 21st March.
There will be a Charity Auction - details on a fantastic Oxford United prize to follow - and over sixty teams have already signed up for the event which also has ‘celebrity endorsement’ from David Cameron and Jeremy Clarkson.
Wychwood Brewery have brewed a limited edition beer for the event with space for the bottle to be signed by a celebrity and bottles signed by David Cameron, Kevin Keegan, Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand will be auctioned on e-Bay.
There are still a small number of places left on the starting grid.
Here are a few more detail about the event….
- What:- A points based challenge to drive a sub £500 car around the circuits of Brands Hatch, Le Mans & Croix En Ternois.
- Where:- Witney via Brands Hatch to twin town Le Touquet before heading off to Le Mans & Croix En Ternois.
- When:- Friday 23rd to Monday 26th May 2014 (Late Spring Bank Holiday).
- Who:- Teams to a maximum of 4 persons
- Why:- To raise money for Special Effect, a locally based charity that helps people with disabilities enjoy computer games.