Oxford United back the Twin Town Challenge for Special Effect
Oxford United are pleased to be supporting the Twin Town Challenge.
The Twin Town Challenge involves teams nurturing a car, that can cost no more than £500, from Witney to Le Touquet via the world famous race circuits of Brands Hatch and Le Mans.
We will be holding a Bucket Collection for Special Effect at the next home game, against Hartlepool on Friday 21st March.
There will be a Charity Auction - details on a fantastic Oxford United prize to follow - and over sixty teams have already signed up for the event which also has ‘celebrity endorsement’ from David Cameron and Jeremy Clarkson.
Wychwood Brewery have brewed a limited edition beer for the event with space for the bottle to be signed by a celebrity and bottles signed by David Cameron, Kevin Keegan, Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand will be auctioned on e-Bay.
There are still a small number of places left on the starting grid.
Here are a few more detail about the event….
- What:- A points based challenge to drive a sub £500 car around the circuits of Brands Hatch, Le Mans & Croix En Ternois.
- Where:- Witney via Brands Hatch to twin town Le Touquet before heading off to Le Mans & Croix En Ternois.
- When:- Friday 23rd to Monday 26th May 2014 (Late Spring Bank Holiday).
- Who:- Teams to a maximum of 4 persons
- Why:- To raise money for Special Effect, a locally based charity that helps people with disabilities enjoy computer games.