United's WSL stars to be tested by Legends side this weekendUnited's WSL stars to be tested by Legends side this weekend
Oxford United Women will take on an Oxford United WFC Legends team on Sunday as part of the Jabuji World Cup Charity Challenge.
The U's restart their FA WSL 2 campaign on Sunday, June 29th with a trip to Durham, but will first be put through their paces this weekend by a team comprised of former United stars at the Oxford United training ground on Roman Way.
Oxford United WFC v Oxford United WFC Legends
Sunday 22nd June, 2pm kick off
Oxford United Training Ground,
Oxford Sports Club,
Oxford, OX4 6NL
The Jabuji World Cup 2014 Charity Challenge launched 12th June 2014, the first day of the World Cup. It is a nationwide challenge for women’s and girls’ FA County and Women’s Super League football, raising awareness and/or money for Brazil’s wildlife and rainforests. It is organised by Voices for Nature with the support of She Kicks.
Across the whole of the UK, women’s and girls’ teams are invited to host charity matches during the World Cup 2014, from 12th June to Sunday 13th July 2014. They provide the opportunity for the UK’s women's teams and fans to be part of the excitement and fun of world class football and at the same time support Brazil’s precious rainforest and wildlife.
The Jabuji Challenge supports:
- The World Land Trust, a charity which has rainforest conservation projects in Brazil’s Atlantic Rainforest near Rio de Janeiro, through Regua, its local partner.
- Durrell Wildlife Conservation, a charity which supports endangered species, including those which live in Brazil’s rainforest with a special project in Manaus, Brazil.
- Isle of Wight Zoo, which rehouses unwanted wild animals, including those from Brazil’s rainforest.
- Fundraising for the charities named above
- Dressing up ‘on the wild side’ with a rainforest-themed appearance
The results of the winners in both categories will be announced on 31st July 2014.