Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 11:00 (UK)

19 November 2022 Venue Unavailable Attendance

Kick off 11:00 (UK)

Oxford United U18
3 - 3
Bournemouth U18
Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Lineup will be displayed here shortly before the game

Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT Oxford United U18 3 Bournemouth U18 3

Young U's draw with the Cherries

21 November 2022

Oxford United and AFC Bournemouth drew 3-3 in an incredible game in the EFL Youth Alliance on Saturday morning.

The U's went 2-0 down within 40 minutes, before a double from Harrison Bradney and a goal from Enrique Tiamuna put United 3-2 up. Bournemouth then equalised in added time to end the game 3-3.

After nearly two weeks without a game, United were instantly reminded of the threat that Bournemouth hold. Ashley Clarke picked up a loose ball and fed Cherries’ captain Lewis Brown who finished high into the net before two minutes had been played.

Oxford woke up, and began to move the ball around the back with Tobias Brenan finding good pockets of space in the middle  but they went two down in the 35th minute when Clarke was bought down in the box by Erion Zabeli and Brown converted from the spot.

That frustration lit a fire in the U’s and five minutes later they pulled one back. Aidan Elliott-Wheeler won a free kick on the edge of the box and cleverly layed it off to Harrison Bradney who drilled the ball through the bodies and into the bottom corner to get United back in the game. 2-1 at the break.

Enrique Tiamuna had a great chance to level right at the start of the second half as he broke through on goal down the right. His pace took him past his defender but he couldn’t quite find the finish as he powered the ball over the bar.

George Franklin replaced Aaron Lacey and with 62 minutes on the clock United found their leveller. A corner eventually broke to Elliot-Wheeler who squared the ball for his second assist of the day to Tiamuna who struck home from close range.

Bradney put the cherry on top when he scored his second of the game to put the U's ahead in the 77th minute. His high pressure forced Bournemouth into a defensive mistake, and he showed total compusure to dink the ball over Camis to take the lead.


United looked to have taken three points but Rees-Dottin levelled in added time. Fraser Barnsley made a fantastic save but the rebound fell to the Bournemouth player who poked the ball in.

In the end it was a solid point against a very good side, but United will feel disappointed they didn't hold on to the three points that they deserved. 

The young U's now look ahead to hosting Horndean FC in the FA Youth Cup on Thursday, the 24th of November at Court Place Farm.

Barnsley, Gerrard, Zabeli, Lacey, Maxwell, Brenan, Took-Oxley, Bradney, Burton (Cook, 85), Tiamuna, Elliott-Wheeler

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match