The Emerging Talent is an invitation only programme in which children from under 7s to under 14s train in a team environment focusing on improving both individual ability and improving technical and tactical knowledge of the game.
We will aim to recruit the most talented players within the Oxfordshire area who are not currently at any Academy. Our main objective is to improve the ability of promising, young, local players to a higher level through our coaching and games programme.
The programme entails:
• 36-week training programme running in line with school term time. (Training Monday nights)
• Games programme during school half terms (midweek) vs other professional clubs’ development centres, including the likes of Northampton Town, Luton Town, MK Dons, Brentford, Swindon Town and more.
• Six-weekly coaching syllabus focusing on specific aspects of the game.
• Feedback and monitoring reports after each 6-week block of coaching.
• End-of-year report for each player.
• Coaching delivered by FA qualified coaches at level 2 (minimum) and level 3 standard.
• End-of-season summer tournament.
• The chance to represent OUFC.
Players will be able to be part of the programme as well as continuing to play for their grassroots clubs.
If you would like more information about the Emerging Talent Centre programme, please email Development Centre Manager Joe Long at email@example.com
on phone the office on 01865 783236.